Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Apple Crumble



I am sorry I haven't been updating as frequently as the past, but it is summer. Summer time is busy so I haven't had a lot of time to bake. However, I have a wonderful apple crumble here today. It was easy, fun to make and wonderful to eat, especially warm with a cold glass of milk.

 

So I suppose the hardest part would be to peel core and cut up the apples into fairly thin slices. (Ug My pictures aren't the best today) I just sat down with too bowls in front of me the "trash" bowl and the "usable" bowl. I used about 5 granny smiths, next time I may use a smaller dish.


I love the smell of cinnamon too, it just takes me to a happy place, and this was coated pretty well with the sugars and cinnamon and it turned out oh so perfect. I did have trouble with the crumble topping, but I just doubled it since I had it in a larger dish and that worked out nicely. I hope you enjoy your crumble if you try this, I much prefer this over the mini apple pies from a few weeks ago. (Tune in for the next blog, Fun with Kids)




Ingredients:
4 -5 baking apples (Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Usually a tart apple)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon, divided
1 stick cold butter


Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.

Peel, core and thinly slice your apples. Line up your apples in a baking pan (the above pictures are a 13 x9)

In a small bowl combine 1/2 tsp cinnamon, sugar, and brown sugar mix it well then sprinkle over the apples.

In a large bowl mix the remaining ingredients, It is best to mix with your hands when it is well mixed (it will be a coarse crumble) put it on the apples.

Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes.

Goes well with vanilla ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment