Friday, March 5, 2010

The Best Ever Baked Beans


I must say, I've made a lot of different baked beans trying to find the kind that would make my husband happy. This is one I found and changed it almost entirely. So, not only does my husband love it, but I get random requests for these at functions. It makes a lot and doesn't look all that pretty, but it will make you very full and happy.



Ingredients:
1 sweet onion
55 oz can of bush's baked beans (original)
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup mustard
2-1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
Bacon (I use turkey bacon)

First you'll want to coarsely chop your onion. (Now I have a no tear technique, I chop the onion quickly and never have watery eyes) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.


You will then mix all your ingredients in a separate large bowl, it doesn't look pretty, but the end results are great. (I always remove the bacon that comes in the Bush's can)

This is the all mixed up version. You'll then pour this in a 2.5 quart dish.



I know this bacon looks funny, but its turkey bacon and I personally like the flavor this adds. You'll put enough bacon slices to cover the top of the dish. Then you'll bake for 45 minutes.

After your beans are done, they'll be boiling around the bacon edges. Throw out the bacon and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment