Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chocoloate Chip Cookies

I have made a ton of these cookies, I even make a 4 inch jumbo cookie (picture is the last one on this page). They are nice and gooey; I used the air insulated pans for these which keeps them from getting crunchy or over done. They are also very easy to make so I hope you enjoy!


First you need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees
and set out your butter while you gather your ingredients,
it should be room temperature to cream it well.
Cream together your shortening and butter first.
Add your sugars and mix well.


Beat in your eggs (on medium-low speed) one at a time.
Add vanilla.



Slowly add in your flour, baking soda and salt.
If you add your dry ingredients too quickly you'll get a cloud coming out of your mixer and that can be really messy!


Add your bag of chocolate chips to the mix.
Drop your cookie dough on your pan 2 inches apart.
Bake 12-15 minutes.



This recipe makes between 2-3 dozen cookies, depending on how large you make them.
I only made about 2 dozen but then I had some extra dough and decide to make some "Jumbo" cookies.
The one above was the biggest it was 4.5-inches wide.
It was tasty (so my 5 year old tells me). Enjoy and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment