Monday, June 7, 2010

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies



Oh it has been awhile, I hadn't realized how long it was since I last posted anything! I should have plenty of stuff to post in the coming weeks. I have these cookies (a cookie that can be classified as a brownie cookie) and will have chocolate chip cookies to post in a few days. I'm going to be baking some things using Apples because I have so many baking apples and my son isn't eating them fast enough!

Anyway these cookies are pretty good; not my favorite but my husband really enjoyed them. The secret to cookies that stay nice and moist is the type of pan you use. I use Air insulated cookie sheets. You may have to cook them a tad bit longer, but they cook evenly and turn out so much better. Also everyone's oven bakes differently they all aren't cooking to that perfect temperature or the temp you set it at the humidity also plays a part in how your baked goods turn out. So everyone just experiment what works for you, set your timer for less time if your cookies come out crisp.



Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
4 oz semi sweet chocolate squares
3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 large eggs
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract


In a sauce pan heat butter, chocolate squares, and 1½ cups chocolate chips on low heat. Stir constantly until everything is mixed and smooth, take of heat and let cool.



Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla at medium speed with your electric mixer until a little foamy.



Add dry ingredients slowly and mix until well blended and smooth.


Add chocolate mixture and mix until well blended. Add the remainder of the chocolate chips. Mix well.
Drop dough on cookie sheets two inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until done. Cool completely. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment