Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Earthquake Cake (The Ugliest Cake in the World)



So, I made this cake for someone who requested it. And yes it's ugly, but It's supposed to be. It is not my favorite cake because it has Nuts, I don't like nuts, but I didn't eat it and I was told it was great and gone in less than 30 minutes, but there were lots of people. This isn't one in my regular rotation but again for someone else.


Ingredients:

1 cup chopped walnuts
1 (3.5 oz) pkg flaked coconut
1 (18.25 oz) pkg German Chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup butter
8 oz cream cheese
4 cups powdered sugar


So first sprinkle the coconut and the walnuts on the bottom of a well grease 13x9 inch pan.


Next mix the cake as the directions on the package tell you. Then pour over the coconut and walnuts.


Next melt butter and soften cream cheese, mix together in a large bowl and slowly add the powdered sugar.
 Pour over chocolate and bake for 40-45 minutes, you won't be able to test if it's done because of the cream cheese which should sink into the cake (at least partially).